Re: ORBit thread-safe in the future?

Hi Rune,

> If I am not wrong ORBit clients tend to not work well in multithreaded
> programs.
>
> Will future versions of ORBit be thread-safe, so that CORBA-clients can
> run several threads?

You mean several threads running as CORBA-clients? Then you need not only a
threadsafe ORBit, but a multithreadenabled ORBit, as not every thread can run
its own eventloop; the events (connections) might overlap between the
different threads.

I would propose running ORBit-mt until sometimes ORBit itself will be usable
multithreaded.

	http://goethe.ira.uka.de/~wilhelmi/ORBit-mt/

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå