orb.idl, TCKind and TypeCode

I am, for better or worse, trying to define a union using TCKind as
the discriminator.  In order to do this I need to include "orb.idl".
However, when I try to, it complains about TypeCode.

	 orb.idl:40: Error: Interfaces cannot be named `TypeCode'

Now, I seem to remember reading about there being something special
required to use the CORBA structures in ORBit, but for the life of me
I can't find the reference.  Any pointers appreciated.

Dudley Irish