Re: CORBA/ORBit newbie seeks name service/INS help

> > 1/ The name service thats included in ORBit-0.5.7 does not seem to be INS
> >    compliant. and yet the web page at
> http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net
> >    has an entry that discusses INS, specs and CVS change annotations.
> >
> >    - How can I get the source for this INS implementation, and what
> >      are the prerequisites.  (if the prerequisites are more than
> ORBit-0.5.7
> >      where are they?)
>
> The INS stuff has been added to CVS HEAD by Kennard White some months ago,
> but the HEAD version of ORBit is officially marked as unsupported, so when
> using the stuff from CVS HEAD you are on your own... ;-)

At the same time, I am trying to figure out how to use CVS to fetch this 'HEAD'
stuff  BTW. is there any significance to the word 'HEAD' ?

I tried:

$ export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome/ORBit2/src/services/name'
$ cvs login

but it doesn't allow annonymous login.
So how would I fetch the 'HEAD' software?

Fulko Hew,                           Voice:  905-333-6000  x 6010
Senior Engineering Designer,         Direct: 905-333-6010
Northrop Grumman-Canada, Ltd.        Fax:    905-333-6050
777 Walkers Line,                    Email   fulko wecan com
Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7N 2G1