Re: ORBIT-0.5.7 & AIX 4.3.3

Joel,

	I do have xlc - and like it quite a bit - I haven't been able to
get certain parts of the gnome packges (in particular glib) to compile
under xlc - and have been working under the assumption that i should
compile the whole thing w/ the same compiler (is this true?  does it
matter?)

also - I am sure your suggestion is on the right path - but i can't get it
to work.  I took a look - and the only files that apparently defines
fd_set is <sys/time.h>.  That is already included in both IIOP-private.h
and connection.c - I found one old e-mail suggesting putting it before the
#include "IIOP-private.h" directive in connection.c - but that has no
apparent effect.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you,
-john

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 06:10:01PM -0500, John Marquart wrote:
> Hello,
>       I keep having problems in my attempt to compile ORBit-0.5.7
> under AIX 4.3.3 w/ gcc.  The following is an excerpt of the errors I
> am recieving:
>
> ... In file included from connection.c:11: IIOP-private.h:24: parse
> error before `fd_set'

        Check your includes.  You might need sys/select.h or somesuch.
Basically, the declaration for fd_set (which is a #define on AIX) is
missing, so have fun with find/xargs/grep in /usr/include.
        Actually, the configure.in should be checking for these select
things.  I no longrer have an AIX box to test/fix on though.
        That said, if you can get xlc, do so.  It is 1000x better than gcc
on AIX.

Joel