Re: Single threading and CORBA_Object return types

THanks to Michael and Dietmar for the quick responses!

No quick fix yet, however (please see below)

Michael Meeks wrote:

>         Ok, I think it is most likely to be that you need to call
> bonobo_activate to setup bonobo to be able to handle calls.
>
>         Alternatively, most people call bonobo_main [ which calls
> bonobo-activate ] and do any CORBA initialization in a 1 shot idle
> handler.

I tried bonobo_activate, but it didn't seem to change the behavior.
As I mentioned, I am trying to do this 'synchronously' thus am not
immediately entering the bonobo_main loop, I thought I could make
calls to the ORB (that did not involve callbacks) without running the
"server" loop.

>         Yes, I've wasted ages on this too in the past, as have several
> others, it should be in the FAQ.
>
>         Regards,
>
>                 Michael.

Thanks a million Michael, I will RTFM and check the FAQ :-)

however I may return as a supplicant if I still cannot grok what is
happenning ;-)

--
Bill Haneman