Re: Bug in ORBit_free_via_TypeCode?

Den 27 Jun 2001 08:04:34 -0400 skrev Michael Meeks:

> 	Can you post the stack trace for the crash ? [ possibly export
> _MALLOC_CHECK=2 and linking vs. -lefence might give a better trace ].
>
> 	Or better still, if you can get it down to a simple test case,
> then we can not only fix it, but ensure the test runs for every release in
> future.

I'm trying to reproduce the crash with a simple test case, but I've not
managed to do it yet. I guess I might have a memory corruption bug in my
code somewhere that I can't find.

> 	the sequence_octet is a base type that is the same for all
> sequences, the actual buffer in pval->_buffer is a pointer, so
> independant of type all sequences share the same footprint.

Ok, good to know.

So one more question, while looking around at the demarshal code for
sequences, and it seems like _length is set, but not _maximum and
_release, which means they always contain garbage. Is this intentional?

Regards,
Richard