ORBit WIN32 and Cygwin

On Friday 15 Jun 01, Jamie Gertsch writes:
> A colleague and myself are somewhat new to CORBA and are trying to
> get ORBit up and running on Windows, either natively or under
> Cygwin.  The precompiled win32 version is not available for the link
> listed on the ORBit homepage.  I don't think that site exists
> anymore.  So then we tried downloading the source and compiling it
> under Cygwin but realized we were missing several libraries.  At
> this point, I wanted to find out if anyone has the precompiled win32
> version or has tried running it in Cygwin.

My understanding, from discussions on the Cygwin mailing list, is that
a Cygwin port of glib is needed first.  I don't know how far along
that is.

Regards,
David

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb@ebi.ac.uk
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468