Beginners CORBA question

Dear All,

I'm trying to use CORBA to add scripting to my Gnome app. I've
been through the simple 'hello-world' type examples but I find
the jump to 'real' docs a bit daunting, so could someone help
me with a particular problem:

Say I want to make a CORBA interface to a function that creates
a new document in my program, eg

MyDocument *myprog_document_new(MyProg *myprog);

MyProg is a struct containing the basic variables/interface
components of the program.

How does my CORBA implementation function get the myprog pointer
without making it global? Or should I just make it global?

Thanks for your help,
Martin.