RE: Program size is bigger and performance is too slow ?

> On linux this test program does not get bigger, not the client nor the server.
> I've no idea, what the cause might be. As to the speed, I don't think,
> ORBit-mt will get much faster than that, multithreading improves the
> availability, but that does cost something too.

On linux,  After 30minutes, this test program does bigger about 100MB.
  Check your top utility.

  Operating System : Linux-6.2
  Glib Version : glib-1.2.10
  Compiler : gcc-2.95.2

Running method)

1. server side
    % server

2. client side
    % client -i 1 -t 10
        ( internal loop is 1, number of threads are 10)

   attached dump files.

Maybe, after g_thread_create calling, client side orb core can't release resource ?
  I don't know.

2001/06/01

JongHyun Jang

Open Platform Team
Optical Network Technology Department, Network Technology Lab.
Electronic Telecommunication Research Institute(ETRI)
161, KaJeong-Dong, YuSeong-Gu, TAEJEON, KOREA
jangjh@etri.re.kr
Tel: +82-42-860 6373, Fax: +82-42-860 6089
WEB:  http://www.etri.re.kr

EchoNum Program Testing-LINUX.RTF