Re: Pointer and Orbit

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Matteo Airaghi wrote:

> I have a basic question.
> In the IDL file I see  that there is no pointer type. Now, in my system
> I need to pass in "messages" a generic payload like a zone of memory. If
> I can't indicate it with a pointer, wath can I use?

You can't think in pointers - you have to fully describe the structure of
the data that you want CORBA to handle, since the ORB has to be able to
easily turn the data structure into something that it can send over the
network.

Usually, sequence<octet> is used to hold raw data, if that's what you
want.
-- Elliot
If a single monkey presses random keys on a single typewriter for a single
second, it will discover that it needs to be subscribed to gnome-gui-list
to post.