Re: CORBA_any

Samuele Gallazzi <samuele.gallazzi@tin.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to declare in the idl file a type that I will use to point to an
> arbitrary memory zone in which I'll put some data no more specified.
> I thought to do this with CORBA_any. Is it correct?
> If so, how can I use CORBA_any type? Are there defined functions with this
> type?

The any type can only hold defined types, so...

Why not define a struct in IDL that can hold the data you're interested in?

Whether or not you do that, you probably want to look at octet or more
likely sequence<octet> to hold arbitrary bytes of data.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |

PGP signature