Re: ORBit2 & threading ...

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	It's not clear to me what you planned to do about threading, and
> how it hooks into the POA policies about request handling, or where
> ORBIT_THREADED is / should be defined, and why / whether we should have a
> compile time threadedness option[1], and whether we should be building /
> trying to debug MT support.

Basically:
	Thread-safety and threaded operation are two separate things.
	The former is pretty surely a requirement, because it affects
	binary compatibility.

	The latter (mostly the POA policies) is probably something that
	can be added in when someone wants it badly enough to code it.

> [1] - It seems to me that a compile time switch is pretty useless, since
> Gnome can only ship one side of the switch.

Embedded use.

-- Elliot
Your freedom to change my source code does not translate into my
responsibility to foist your changes upon users at large.