Re: Changes in marshalling code between 0.5.3 and 0.5.6?

Roland Mas (2001-01-26 23:02:51 +0100) :

>   As a developer for ORBit-Python, a Python binding for ORBit, I'm
> encountering a problem.  You could even call that a bug, but I'm not
> casting the blame to anyone (yet >:-] ).

  Well, after a bit of hacking, it appears that given a
GIOPRecvBuffer *buf, the attribute
GIOP_MESSAGE_BUFFER(buf)->message_header.message_size is too small by
twelve bytes.  "Coincidentally", twelve is sizeof(GIOPMessageHeader)
too.

  So, we patched ORBit-Python to add this sizeof() to the message_size
when checking for availability of bytes in the buffer, but it still
feels uncomfortable.  So I'd like a confirmation that what we did was
The Right Thing, and not a dirty hack to fix a broken behaviour in
ORBit.  Should this be a broken behaviour, please keep me informed
when it is fixed, so that we can clean the hack.

  Have a nice day,
Roland.
--
Roland Mas