Re: ORBIT-0.5.7 & AIX 4.3.3

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 06:10:01PM -0500, John Marquart wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I keep having problems in my attempt to compile ORBit-0.5.7 under
> AIX 4.3.3 w/ gcc.  The following is an excerpt of the errors I am
> recieving:

> In file included from connection.c:11:
> IIOP-private.h:24: parse error before `fd_set'

	Check your includes.  You might need sys/select.h or somesuch.
Basically, the declaration for fd_set (which is a #define on AIX) is
missing, so have fun with find/xargs/grep in /usr/include.
	Actually, the configure.in should be checking for these select
things.  I no longrer have an AIX box to test/fix on though.
	That said, if you can get xlc, do so.  It is 1000x better than
gcc on AIX.

Joel

--

"Behind every successful man there's a lot of unsuccessful years."
        - Bob Brown

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org