ORBIT-0.5.7 & AIX 4.3.3

Hello,
	I keep having problems in my attempt to compile ORBit-0.5.7 under
AIX 4.3.3 w/ gcc.  The following is an excerpt of the errors I am
recieving:

In file included from connection.c:11:
IIOP-private.h:24: parse error before `fd_set'
IIOP-private.h:24: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
IIOP-private.h:27: parse error before `}'
IIOP-private.h:27: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
IIOP-private.h:29: parse error before `giop_connection_list'
IIOP-private.h:29: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
connection.c:80: parse error before `giop_connection_list'
connection.c:80: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
connection.c: In function `giop_init':

I have seen this error in a variety of previous gnome related mailing list
posts, as well as in a general web search.  However - I could find
absolutely no solution to this problem.  Every time I found something that
looked promising, it was in the old bug tracking system -
bugs.gnome.org.  I think perhaps bug item #20576 is directly related to
this problem - however I can not find it in the bugzilla system at all.

Can anyone provide assistance - either in solving this problem outright -
or if there is some way to reference the old bug system.

I have noticed several messages concerning similar problems over the last
2 years or so - but never any solution.  Perhaps this topic could be added
to A FAQ (is there an ORBIT specific one?) / fixed.

thank you,
-john marquart