Re: Orbit Performance Questions

Hi Dou,

On Mon, 2001-12-31 at 11:33, dou wen wrote:
>  just as u say ,for the performance, i have being porting orbit2 to
> linux kernel, i.e , beside orbit2 itself, u should put the glib2 and
> linc to kernel also .

	Wow - that sounds like amazing work :-)

> now i have already put the glib2 to the kernel(orbit2 deeply
> dependent on glib2),the exception is gthread which depend on a native
> thread implemention(posix thread ,solaris thread etc.), the problem is
> linux kernel just have kernel thread supported, which lack some
> primitive which needed by generic thread system, such as Cond wait,
> Join etc. any one can give me some suggestion?

	Well - fun as it would be porting glib fully; I strongly reccommend
cutting down glib to the minimum you actualy need. We don't actualy use
much (any (?)) threading code in ORBit2 / linc, we simply use the
locking constructs; so it is not neccessary to port that in fact.

	It sounds like you've got a long way with this; amazing.

	I look forward to seeing it in action :-)