Re: The ORB with AMI support

Hi Ildar,

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Ildar Gabdulline wrote:
> 1. stable

        ORBit2 is approaching stability fast.

> 2. easy to use
> 4. compact

        Fairly small; 1Mb with symbols, 240Kb without.

> 5. supports AMI (asynchronous method invocation) - this is must be
> 6. at least Naming Service, Event Service
> 7. IMR, IFR

        We don't support AMI yet but have much of the code neccessary, we
simply need someone to implement the IDL compiler bits and make it all
beautiful.

        Similarly we don't have the event service.

> 1. Does ORbit support AMI ?

        nope.

> 2. If it does not then probably there is some third party addon that
> allows to ORbit to support AMI ?

        nope.

> 3. Probably one can suggest me other ORB with the features described
> before ?

        Sorry - no idea.