need help doing cgi with ORBit

Hi,

I'm trying to incorporate CGI and ORBit together using C. I've created a
program that outputs the following in a bash shell:

Content-type:text/html

Testing the server...
Hello World!

But only outputs the following once it hits the web browser...

Testing the server...
@

The c code in question which spouts the "Hello World!" phrase within the
client program is this...

res = helloworld_helloworld(server, &ev);
printf("%s\n", res);

The helloworld_helloworld code is as follows:

static CORBA_wchar *
impl_helloworld_helloworld(impl_POA_helloworld * servant,
			   CORBA_Environment * ev)
{
CORBA_wchar *retval;

retval = CORBA_string_dup("Hello World!");

return retval;
}

So I'm at a loss. Has anybody encountered this sort of thing? I've tried
changing from wchar to char, all sorts of things, but I'm getting no love
here. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong here?