Re: ORBit broken for remote objects

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2001, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
>
> > I've had this problem for some time and I've been able to ignore it
> > until now.  The problem is that when ORBIIOPv4 is enabled, ORBit binds
> > to all interfaces, but it specifies 127.0.0.1 in the IOR and not my eth0
> > IP.  How do I make ORBit write my eth0 IP to the IOR?
>
> Fix /etc/hosts

now I have a (possibly) strange question - what if eth0 is bound to a dhcp
server and thus has no entry in /etc/hosts?
hrm... although dhcp -does- cause a lot of problems to a lot of linux
apps...

as soon as I get my app working I'm going to have to try it accross
multiple network devices... (I've got eth0 (static IP) and eth1 (dynamic
IP)..)  and eth0 does -not- have a domain name due to it being on the
"private non-internet" IP group (192.168.0.x).

I don't know if this comment makes any sense - feel free to berate me if
it doesn't :)

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis