Re: NamingService

First, you need to start the Naming Service.
	orbit-name-server > Name.ior &
this starts the naming service, sending the standard
output to the file named Name.ior, and runs it in the
background.  The reason I send stdout to Name.ior is
because you need the ior in order to use the
NamingService.  You probably need to run your program
like this:

./example_program -ORBNamingIOR=THE_IOR_FROM_Name.ior

Hope this helps.

--- Rene Maldonado <renfin telnor net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experimenting with CosNaming:
>
> I found two examples, in both is the declaration
>
> CosNaming_NamingContext  root_name;
>
> but the diference is when they do the next thing:
>
> a)  root_name = CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_service
> (orb,"NameService", ev);
>
> b) root_name =

CORBA_ORB_resolve_initial_references(orb,"NameService",