Re: Messages to local objects?

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Henri Muurimaa wrote:

> First of all, let me apologize if the answer to my question is obvious,
> but I'm just learning the basics of ORBit and CORBA in general.
>
> Anyway, here goes. What is the overhead of calling a CORBA method on a
> local object opposed to a normal function call?

Overhead in very worst case, a few more function calls that just do some
internal lookups and activation, and make a system call or two to allocate
memory. Best case, 1 function call.

-- Elliot
[ "In a democracy, the government is the people," Milo explained. "We're people,
aren't we? So we might just as well keep the money and eliminate the middleman." ]
							- Catch-22