Re: Compiling

> I'm new to Unix, gcc and ORBit, I have the examples of
>  http://icps.u-strasbg.fr/~genaud/ORBIT/
>
> and I'd be grateful if some one could tell me what do I have to do to
> make my example go up, or where can I find help on this.

There are Makefiles in the examples/echo and examples/calculator
directories. If you do not know what "Makefile" refer to, you should
read a bit about it first, since it is closely related to compilation
and gcc for instance.
Briefly in ORBit applications, you want to generate a client and a
server.
Some generic c code is generated from your, let's say app.idl,
and you have to write the app-client.c app-server.c and modify the
app-skelimpl.c generated code.
Once each .c file has been compiled to an object file .o (gcc -c) you
have to
build the executable app-client and app-server from the object files :

app-client : app-client.o app-common.o app-stubs.o
app-server:  app-skels.o apps-stubs.o app-common.o app-skelimpl.o

These are the rules the Makefile should describe to
build the executables.

S.G.