Re: OK. Since nobody answered!

Thanks All for Answering.

I have always left 127.0.0.1 as localhost.localdomain w/ alis localhost
and have changed the name w/ my first interface (eth0) as follows
172.16.2.x    myhostname.mydomain    w/ alias myhostname

But now that you all mention it  , I suppose the base hostname should be
set w/ the lo (127.0.0.1) since a Unix machine can have many active
interfaces ;-] And also, what would happen if there is no interface card!
lo still works:  duuuuhhhh.........!

I will try this. Thanks again.

Alejandro Imass