Re: Beginner ORBit/C problems

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Chris Backas wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I am trying to learn to use ORBit/Goad from C, I apologize if this is
> not quite the right forum for a more GNOME/ORBit related question (if
> not, please direct me to it)  I'm new at GNOME, ORBit/CORBA, and Linux
> programming in general, so please don't be too critical ;)
>
> I wrote  a very simple program just to test my understanding of some of
> the simpler Gnorba functions - while my program compiles, it will not
> link, and I've spent quite  a few hours adding -l directives, trying to
> guess exactly what I have to link against.  So far I've got this command
> line:
> g++ -o goadtest goadtest.cpp -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -L/usr/lib -lORBit -lIIOP -lORBitutil
> -lglib -lm -lgnorba -lgnomesupport -lgdk -lgtk -lgnorbagtk -lgnome -lesd
> -ldb -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lpopt
>
> It seems to me that that's a heck of a lot of libraries to link against,
> so I must be missing something.

g++ -o goadtest goadtest.cpp `gnome-config --cflags --libs gnorba gnomeui`

-- Elliot
"The Pythagorean Theorem employed 24 words, the Lord's Prayer has 66 words,
Archimedes Principle has 67 words, the 10 Commandments have 179 words, the
Gettysburg Address had 286 words, the Declaration of Independence, 1,300 words and
finally the European Commission's regulation on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words."