Re: CORBA-DEV: Strings in ORBit

Hi Rene:

May be a memory management issue....
Are you allocating a copy of the string for the client with
CORBA::string_alloc()  or  CORBA::string_dup()?  The server-side ORB will
deallocate your string after it sends it to the client, so you need to
allocate a copy specifically to return to the caller with one of the above
functions.  If you are sending a string that the server owns, you will
likely have memory problems.

- Andy

                    Rene
                    Maldonado            To:     orbit-list gnome org, CORBA
                    <renfin telno        <corba-dev randomwalk com>
                    r.net>               cc:
                                         Subject:     CORBA-DEV: Strings in ORBit
                    11/06/00
                    01:04 PM

boundary="------------03A51EA2C393487CA8E636A5"
--------------03A51EA2C393487CA8E636A5
Hi All,
I have a problem I can't pass a string from the server to the client, in
fact, a pass the string, from the point of view of the client,
everithing is OK, I call the client, an the string appear on the screen,
but on the server side an error occur:
** ERROR **: file allocators.c: line 114 (ORBit_free): assertion failed:
(block->magic == 0xdeadbeef)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)
Any one know what can I do???
if I pass an integer, a short, or any numeric type, nothing hapens,
everithing is OK.