Re: connections over networks

Rolf Schaeuble wrote:

I wanna have a server run on one computer and the client on the other. So
how can I do this. Is it enough to have the IOR of the server objects (or
name server) because the IOR contains an IP, or do I have to do something
else.

Yes, that should be sufficient. Bear in mind, however that the default ORBit config doesn't have IIOP enabled for security reasons. You'll need an /etc/orbitrc file containing the following line on the server end:

ORBIIOPIPv4 1

Merry Christmas etc