Re: host to host communications

I finally found the cause of the problem : it was due to a permission
denied.
Adding a line "ALL  : my_ip_number" in /etc/hosts.allow fixes the bug.
I'm now able to communicate from a java ORBacus client to an ORBit
server, possibly running on different machines.
I don't understand why it depends on the OS version.

One of the major problem with Gnome is the very low quality of the
documentation.

I'm now moving to the upper layer Gnorba and I'm facing the same kind
of difficulties : the gnome-name-service refuses to satisfy any
request from name-client (even from the localhost).

Of course no decent doc is available ...

Jean-Paul Le Fèvre * CEA Saclay DAPNIA/SEI * Mail : Jean-Paul LeFevre cea fr