Re: host to host communications

> An ORBacus expert wrote me that it's likely due to a problem in
> the server.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> --

It will probably sound naive, but I've had similar problems and got them fixed by:

1) making sure that you have a file called orbitrc in your /etc directory
containing:
ORBIIOPUSock=1
ORBIIOPIPv4=1

Note that I left ORBIIOPv6 out on purpose. With this option my ORBits don't work

2) edit your hosts file and change the hostname on 127.0.0.1 from
localhost.localdomain to your hostname
after this you will have problems w/ Apache and other stuff but your ORBit will
work fine over the network.
Please note that setting your hostname in Linuxconf *will not* change it in the lo
interface in the hosts file.

I have no clue as to why this has to be done but for some reason ORBit does not
seem to use the DNS since I have had to include all ORBit server in the hosts
file. If anyone can expand on this it would be great.

As you can see these are hard-wired solutions but this is the way I've got
different ORBits to work without problems over the network.

Regards,
Alejandro