Re: An idea: Apache Object Adaptor

On 12/18/00, 1:51:24 PM, Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com> wrote regarding
Re: An idea: Apache Object Adaptor:

> The essential idea seems to be to use Apache and CGIs and HTTP to
> obliquely achieve what a multithreaded ORB would. It seems much more
> efficient and advantageous to just get threading into the ORB. :)

I considered this. Right now when I need threads I just mix ORBs. Works
great. Hail CORBA. But the Apache approach seems to be a really
interesting development environment. The developer can mix and match
languages and performance requirements to his heart's content. Yeah,
threading would help quite a bit, but this also opens up a lot of
possibilities and flexibilty.

What is the difficulty level of what I am suggesting?

If I took this on, I think I would end up with two shared objects, a
library for GIOP over HTTP and a library for another Object Adaptor.

Currently, would I have to patch the ORB itself to make it possible to
use these two extensions?

Darrin