Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit

At 08:49 13.12.2000 -0800, Thornton Prime wrote:
Actually, I think a more CORBA-ish way of doing things would be to run a
file 'server' and 'client' over CORBA. The application would then make
file access calls through the local CORBA client which would be
implemented in the CORBA server. Instead of simply shoving the data down
an open pipe and having the client figure out what to do with it, you
would get real seeking reads and writes. In a more advanced scenario,
the client will only get what it needs and the server will handle much of
the file processing.
Is there a reasonable way to implement a local cache?

Thanks for this idea and to everyone else too who have answered my questions.