IOR for Nameserver (was Re: Simple question)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Pete Marsden wrote:

> If I start and stop the naming service, I get the same IOR.  Is this
> guaranteed?  Is the IOR static for a given IP/PORT?

No, and the port usually varies anyway. You can specify the initial IOR
with the current CVS HEAD ORBit, I think, however - Elliot?

You'll have to rely on some other means to get the IOR across in the
meantime. You can feed the IOR into your orbitrc, or you can try passing
it through the commandline. I haven't got this to work, but YMMV.

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311