Re: How to call bind ? (from CORBA::ORBit)

For some PERL specific examples you can try this also:

http://kenpo.msun.edu/grace/appserver/OAS_407_Docs/books/livehtml/l_poapi.htm

This page helped me quite a bit.  We aren't quite
doing the same thing, I don't think, but I have 33
ORBs all registering with a Main ORB.  When the client
ORBs start, they pull down the IOR for the Main ORB,
then send their IOR to the Main ORB.  The Main ORB
stores the systems Name and IOR in a Hash of arrays.
Others will probably suggest better ways of doing this
(I am just a newbie also).

Chris
--- Sreeji K Das <bksys@vsnl.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I'm using CORBA::ORBit. I'm just learning to use the
> NameService. I have
> figured out how to get the Server reference from the
> client using Name
> Service. But I dunno how to register the server.
>
> CosNaming.idl Says:
> void bind(in Name n, in Object obj);
>
> I've figured that for Name n, I can pass an
> anonymous array, with a
> reference to hash, as
> bind([{'id' => 'MyID', 'kind' => 'MyKind'}])
>
> But I do not know what to pass as Object. I've
> really got struck
> here. Some1 pls. help me.
>
> thanx. in adv.
>
> Sreeji