RE: How to call bind ? (from CORBA::ORBit)

Hi Jim

Thanx for the pointer. However I had already gone through it completely &
got my C progs running too !! But the problem is I do not know how to make
the call from Perl !!

ie. for bind() I've to pass a  Name and Object. I've figured out how to
pass the name, but I do not know what the 'Object' means. (There's very
little documentation on the Perl bindings (I din't see any except for
Owen's mapping doc. which is fantastic).

I had been going through ORBit.xs, but still I'vn't figured out how to get
an Object !

I tried doing something like:
$id  = $poa->activate_object($echo);
$ref = $poa->id_to_reference($id);
...Get the Name Server Object ...
$name_server->bind([{'id' => 'MyID', 'kind' => 'MyKind'}], $ref);

However, I get an error 'Attempt to marshal unknown Object'

Has some1 in this list used Perl bindings to work with Name Service ? It'd
be great if some1 can send me some code samples. Otherwise I've just
started coding a mini-name server, which can store the IOR of all Server
processes. The clients can retrieve this IOR by giving the ID of the
server. As I'm running out of time I guess right now I'll do this to
achieve my requirements & later on jump neck deep to experiment :-(

Thanx for all the help !

Sreeji