Re: ORBit - How to avoid blocking ??

Hello Sreeji,

> I'm pretty new to CORBA. I've just started using
> CORBA::ORBit (Perl bindings.) I've just got my first
> app. running, & it seems wonderful.
> Now I've a qn. The server seems to be blocking &
> serves
> the second client only after completely servicing the
> first client.
> Is there anyway in which I can overcome this ? Or do
> I have to perform my own work-around (By changing the
> behaviour of my functions... which may not be always
> possible.)

ORBit only allows you to have one point of execution at any given time. So
when your function is running, ORBit can not execute other requests. But when
your function calls some other CORBA server and only waits for the reply, it
can.

Otherwise you would have to use a multithreaded server. See

   http://goethe.ira.uka.de/~wilhelmi/corba/orbit-mt.html

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå