Re: ORBit2, IDL compiler improvements

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Darrin Thompson wrote:

> I don't see SSL on your list. After Sept. 20 that could be a NICE compile
> time option.

I didn't mention it because I don't consider it as requiring too much
consideration (it should be just another transport to plug into libIIOP).
But, we need someone to volunteer to keep it in mind and code it etc. - I
don't know much about using openssl.

> The coolest feature in the world IMO would be the ability to hack out
> a multithreaded CORBA servant in Perl (that experimental stuff) or
> Python or TCL with ORBit as the ORB. (someday...)

I don't know - I want to avoid doing things unless there is a real need
for them, 'cool' or not.

But, as far as I can understand, all you are wanting is for complete Perl,
Python, and Tcl bindings, which is perfectly reasonable.

-- Elliot
DEAR IRS, Please cancel my subscription.