Re: ORBit2, IDL compiler improvements

Hi Elliot,

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:
> The goals I want to accomplish by the next major release are to make ORBit
> a lot nicer on embedded systems, to make it perfectly secure for use on
> exposed networks. Practically speaking these mean:

	Lots of wonderful goals and news; very pleasing, however one of
the most evil problems we have to face is that of the ABI for shared
library modules; It really needs fixing IMHO. One rather simple method for
solving the problem would be to make the local case do a generic in-memory
marshal / de-marshal, but it is a nasty problem.

	What are your thoughts on this issue ?