Re: Theming the canvas using svg files

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 17:37 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> I spent some time over the weekend and today trying to figure out how to
> create snazzy looking bigboard widgetry without a lot of manual coding
> of cairo drawing code.
>
> I've now committed to subversion some experimental support for setting
> the backgrounds of boxes to SVG images. (Along with support for ARGB
> visuals.) The attached screenshot was created with the following CSS
> file:

Oh let me be the first to say.
Holy crap that is cool looking! Will this only be used in preset themes
or will users be able to customize this on their own in some easy
manner?

Secondly, will it be possible to store the image on the server so that
if you set this image in your theme, and you go to a computer that it
doesn't have the image it will be downloaded to the local "cache" of
current images?

> ===
> canvas {
>     background-color: transparent;
> }
>
> #header {
>     -hippo-background-image: url("header.svg") 10px 10px 1px;
> }
>
> #main {
>     -hippo-background-image: url("main.svg") 0px 10px 10px;
> }
> - Owen

+1  for syntax here.

Will