Switching to OpenJDK

Hi,

I've spent the last day working on switching the
Mugshot/online.gnome.org server codebase over to OpenJDK 6.  The primary
advantage of this is of course that OpenJDK is Free Software.

A secondary advantage is that JDK5 is in maintenance mode, and it's good
to upgrade to JDK 6.

The instructions here are now updated:
http://developer.mugshot.org/wiki/Server_Development_Setup

In particular, you need an upgraded JBoss (4.0.5).

I'm working on deploying to the main servers now, but it seems
functional in local testing.

One side note, I've been getting Hotspot crashes in Eclipse with OpenJDK
6 which I believe is this bug:

The workaround I'm using now is to run Eclipse only under Sun JDK 5.