Re: r7179 - in dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux: . src

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 12:54 -0600, commits mugshot org wrote:
> Author: otaylor
> Date: 2008-01-10 12:54:28 -0600 (Thu, 10 Jan 2008)
> New Revision: 7179
>
> Removed:
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-dbus-contacts.c
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-dbus-contacts.h
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-person-renderer.c
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-person-renderer.h
> Modified:
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/Makefile-libhippo.am
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/Makefile-mugshot.am
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-dbus-mugshot.c
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-dbus-mugshot.h
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-dbus-server.c
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/hippo-status-icon.c
>    dumbhippo/trunk/client/linux/src/main.c
> Log:
> Change the block stack to get data via the data model:
>
>  * Data cache objects like HippoBlock/HippoPerson/HippoGroup/HippoPost/etc.
>    are largely retained (at least for transition purposes) but are backed
>    by resources.
>
>  * We use self_resource.stack as the primary way of getting the stack, then
>    supplement it with the "getOldBlocks" IQ to get unanswered question blocks
>    and extra blocks to replace filtered blocks.
>
>  * Various unnecessary subclasses of HippoBlock have been removed; many
>    were there only to deal with irregularities in the legacy protocol.
>
>  * Large amounts of unused old code from previous iterations of the client
>    has been removed.

BTW, this was only a fraction of the diff (I accidentally committed in
two pieces.) The rest got held up for moderation as:

  Message body is too big: 479008 bytes with a limit of 128 KB

Which I didn't approve. The diffstat on the whole thing was:

Always nice to get rid of 5000 lines of code....

- Owen