Re: How to get permissions to set project avatar in gitlab

On 25 May 2018 at 14:12, Mike Fleetwood <mike fleetwood googlemail com> wrote:
Hello,

I don't see anywhere else obvious to ask, so ...

Following the migration of projects to gitlab how do I go about
getting enough permissions to set the avatar for my project.  I assume
it needs more than I have because I can't even see settings for my
project.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/settings/index.html#general-project-settings

Thanks,
Mike

Documenting outcome and chosen solution ...

I chatted on #gnome-hackers.  I was informed that I needed to be one of
the maintainers of the project (as listed in the $project.doap file in
my project's GIT repo) to be able to access project settings.

In the end I used a little documented alternative of creating logo.png
in my project's GIT repo to set the project's avatar.
    https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/22547
    https://jeremy.bicha.net/2018/01/30/default-avatar-for-gitlab-repos/

Thanks,
Mike