[gnome-love] Beginner documentation on writing extensions

Hi,

I was looking into writing a gnome shell extension. Since the "do not
disturb" switch got lost with the new notification UI update, I was
hoping to write an extension that would add it to the top panel or the
user panel.

I've never written an extension before, and I've been looking around
for docs on how to get started with this. I've found this
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Extensions/StepByStepTutoria

and while it does give me a basic understanding of the process, it
doesn't contain any information on how to make dbus calls (?) and so
on. Could someone please direct me to some more docs?

This does what the extension should do from the command line:

gdbus call --session --dest org.gnome.SessionManager \
 --object-path /org/gnome/SessionManager/Presence \
 --method org.gnome.SessionManager.Presence.SetStatus 2

I was already pointed to this source file:
https://github.com/GNOME/gnome
-shell/blob/master/js/misc/gnomeSession.js

but I really don't know where to look on how the interface defined
there and so on are to be used.
--
Thanks,
Regards,