Re: [gnome-love] A Gnome System Tool

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 09:10:35PM +0800, Taoman Li wrote:
Hi, Gnome users/lovers

I am developing a light-weight Linux (gnome) system management tool
I would like to know a few answers before any further development:

1 how many Linux distro installed gnome as a default,

That's not easy to answer. There are so many distributions now that it's
hard to count them all, and even if you could it's still a hard question
to answer. If you for example install RHEL on a desktop you will get
GNOME by default, but RHEL is often used on servers where you typically
don't use the graphical interface or even have it installed at all.

because I have linked
all images in
   /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16/....
   or as gnome default stock_image

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if you're talking about loading
icons and using them in your application then the best way is really to
use the icon APIs and only refer to the icons by name. Stock images have
been deprecated and should be avoided.

2 do you care/mind if there is NO images for all the buttons, menus, and
dialogs?

You might want to consult the HIG [1] for this question, especially the
icons and artwork section.

                Marcus

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/