Re: [gnome-love] Newcomer to FOSS.Need help.

Hey Saptarshi,
I am new to gnome too. In fact, this is my first mail on the list even though I've been lurking here for more than an year. The question you ask ("I don't know how to get started. Can anyone suggest me any bug or project with which i can work") is very often repeated on the list and has been addressed many times before. I think it would be really worth your time to go through the following article.

http://sindhus.bitbucket.org/common-pitfalls-of-newcomers-in-foss.html