Re: [gnome-love] Setting up a development environment

I wrote this to give an overview on what you can expect when contributing to gnome: http://sindhus.bitbucket.org/guide-to-gnome-contribution.html

Take a look maybe?

:)

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Abhinav Jangda <abhijangda hotmail com> wrote:
Hello Luiz,

GNOME has a very good tool for what you want, JHBuild. Its pretty easy to install and use.

Thanks,
Abhinav

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 11:27:23 -0500
From: luiz poleto gmail com
To: gnome-love gnome org
Subject: [gnome-love] Setting up a development environment

Hello all,

I am trying to get started contributing with Gnome. First thing I wanna do is set up a development environment where I can play around without worrying about messing up with my current Gnome installation.

So, I thought about having it installed in VirtualBox. Is it recommended? Are there any side effects on this approach?
If the above is not the ideal scenario, what would be the best approach?

Thanks,
Luiz