[gnome-love] About GSoC 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm currently a third year computer science and am interested in participating in GSoC 2013 this summer.
Presently, I'm working through the tutorial and looking through the software projects and ideas pages to find out what I can contribute to.

So far, I have mainly coded in Java and have done a summer of coding in C#, but doing a quick scan through the projects, it seems that C is the more preferable language to use.
I'm willing to learn a new language, but will I be able to find a GSoC project given my current skill set?

I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Thanks for all your help.