Re: [gnome-love] gnome-control-centre building error -jhbuild (3.8)

On Friday 21 June 2013 02:59 PM, Adam Dingle wrote:
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Aravindhan k <aravindlinux01 gmail com> wrote:
I am trying to build to gnome 3.8 using jhbuild on my debian wheezy. The following error that I cant solve myself. I working last four days fighting with all the dependencies problems

That sounds quite painful.  There's probably an easier way.

First, depending on what you want to do, you may not need to build all of GNOME.  What is your goal here?  Do you only want to run GNOME, or to work on it as a developer?  Is there some particular program you want to run or develop?

    Yes sure I wish to run latest gnome3 to experience  its design ,since it is a primary requirement to contribute to the project(as a developer). Yes I have two projects in my mind gedit plugins to use for development and anjuta integration with jhbuild . But it will take long time to start them if setting up development environment takes me such a huge time(It reminds me a still i am a newbie to become developer)
Second, I don't know how easily you could switch distributions, but Debian is pretty far behind GNOME these days - Debian stable/testing/unstable all still have GNOME 3.4 which is over a year old.  Debian experimental has GNOME 3.8, but might be more unstable than unstable, of course.  Both Fedora 19 Beta and Arch currently have GNOME 3.8.  The daily builds of Ubuntu 13.10 also have most of GNOME 3.8, though some packages are still at 3.6.  If you want to switch to one of these distros, you may have an easier time.

adam
    Thank you. I going to replace Debian(my development box) with arch Linux. (To reduce a little struggle going to install antergos, it comes with gnome 3.8.1).