Re: [gnome-love] [gnome-women] [gcompris-devel] Introducing me and my interest

Hi,
I usually dont top-post but that seems to be the trend in this thread
so sorry about the bungled order.

Kesha, Glad to see another Indian woman in Foss. Welcome!

Could you please not post Roopesh's mail on the list, especially since
he has explicitly said his mail (to you) is off-list, for the second
time. Since you are new, I wanted to let you know that posting
people's private mails to a publicly archived mailing list, without
their permission**, is considered rude. Its is an unwritten rule
(more, an etiquette) that people are expected to abide by.

... and while at it, since you asked here is my zero paise worth:  I
completely agree with Roopesh's opinions. He has explained it well
imho. If your goal is to introduce fellow-students to Foss, you can do
it from within India - find a Gnome project that they are interested
in, organize a bug/hack-fest, join their irc channel (if you want live
help from core-devs) and get started. Most Foss dev's wont be mad at
getting free help :). As for knowing about Gnome, there is a lot of
information online which you can use for your presentations.

Once you have done the above, you'd have also learned to organize,
speak, co-ordinate and manage a group of people, thereby obtaining the
management experience you seek. Hope that helps!

best,
Vid
॥ http://svaksha.com ॥
** IME, the only exception is when someone threatens or abuses you in
private. Then, you should go public.