Re: [gnome-love] Problem with GTK version

Chamila,

Ubuntu 12.04 is over a year old now and has outdated versions of GTK and other GNOME-related libraries.  In theory you could build newer versions of GTK and other libraries using jhbuild, but that would be a long slow process and even then I think 12.04 will not have all the required system dependencies.

So if you want to build recent versions of Gnote or other GNOME programs, your life will be much easier if you use a newer Ubuntu.  On the site packages.ubuntu.com you can see which package versions are offered by each Ubuntu version.  For example, Ubuntu 13.04 (the last stable release) has GTK 3.6.4.  If you need even newer library versions, you could run the daily build of Ubuntu 13.10, which you can download at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/.  13.10 has GTK 3.8.2, for example.

adam