Re: [gnome-love] Newcomer seeking advice

Hey Chamila!

I'm happy to hear you're interested in getting involved. I'm not
involved in the vala project, but their bug tracker is here

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=vala&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

so you can pick something and try to fix it.

One of the first things you may need to do is get vala running from
source. We have an up-to-date generic tutorial on building GNOME
packages here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/BuildGnome

There's also some information on the vala page
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala (and there's a tutorial but it
looks moderately out of date)

Alas, if all of the coding proves too difficult at the present, a great
way to get involved is to help triage bugs
https://wiki.gnome.org/Bugsquad/TriageGuide

Lots of things to do!

Message back if you need anything!

-Hashem