[gnome-love] THE SECOND STEP

Hey,
         I'm new to open-source development and have been learning my way around GNOME development. So far, i'm familiar with GTK+ and can develop some fairly basic codes on myself and use GLADE for GUI and work with those xml files and c-code. So in all, just some basic development. My learning curve was good but now has stagnated, i don't know what to do anymore. One can always learn alongside working on something but i don't know what to work on. Modifying an app seems like a tough task. I was thinking of maybe collaborating with someone on his work. Well something like that to get to know more stuff. Guide me please. What should be my second step?

Thanks a lot,
Narinder S. Ghumman